June 13, 2014

Two Years of Playing Eve and Counting

I have been playing Eve Online for two years now. I started out hauling minerals from out lying systems to trade hubs, from there I saved up enough to buy a Retriever back when they were only 10 million isk a piece(Ventures weren't even in the game yet). I mined for a couple months and saved up a couple hundred million isk. After that I started investing in some small trades and manufacturing. I slowly built up my manufacturing operation until I had about 2 billion isk when I built my own freighter. Also during this time I started into pi which has been a modest high sec income of 100 to 150 million isk a month. Since that point I have kept manufacturing and trading, where I have kept about half my earnings in each endeavor. During that time I have typically doubled my income every six months. If that gives you any indication as to how much I really play(Not a whole lot).

After a few months of playing Eve Online, I had to take a break for awhile as school was starting other real life things distracted me but I kept reading. I kept learning. I was really intrigued by the blogging community. I had some experience working with blogs so I thought to myself what can I do, what do I have to add to the community. My first thought was a new player perspective. So I ran with it. I have been writing commentary and guides for new players ever since.

So if anyone out there is thinking to yourself right now, what do I possible have to add to the community? What could I come up with? Just start where your at and roll with it, learn for yourself what you need to do and take it on. Whether you have been playing for a week and think you can tackle a large manufacturing operation or you want to live on the edge and try a hand at pvp go for it. You have all the potential you have all the possibility. Who cares if you lose stuff along the way? Your new you don't have that much to lose anyway.

I have been blogging for a year and a half now and feel my contributions here as my greatest accomplishment in Eve. I hope everyone has found a good read now and again and maybe a guide or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment